New concept: Categories
- You can organize the media library into different categories. Each file can be assigned to one or more categories.
- The categories can be customized to your own preferences. You can use up to 32 different categories.
- Move or copy files to other categories using Drag&Drop, Copy&Paste or the menu.
- A category can have the function "Recently added". All files that you add to the media library will be added to this category as well
New concept: Reworked tree view
- The old separation in the tree view between "Artists" and "Albums" in two different lists has been replaced by a list that displays both levels in one tree structure.
- In this combined view, further sortings can be added, which can be used in parallel.
- In the grouping by "albums" the covers can be displayed
- What exactly an "album" should be in this sense can be configured: Optionally based on the metadata, the directory structure, or a combination of these.
New features and changes
- Completely reworked form designer for arranging individual areas in the main window. Hiding of many areas is now possible
- Completely reworked settings dialog. The structure should now be more logical and clear. Scrollable view allows more related settings to be placed on one page.
- Heavily reworked detail view for a file.
- Enhanced Drag&Drop: moving/copying to other categories possible; hints about the triggered action before the drop.
- Search for tags in the tag cloud (also for rarely used ones that are currently not displayed due to space limitations)
- Support in playlist files for relative paths to parent folders with "\..\".
- Extraction of additional tags from audio files: Album artist, composer and BPM (beats per minute)
- Hint at startup, if Nemp has no write permissions in the data directory
- Display of a hint icon in the media list on incomplete metadata if the file name or folder is displayed instead
- Configurable background color for the coverflow in the Windows default view (i.e. without skin)
- Categories for playlists and webradio can be hidden
- PDF documentation replaced by Windows help (the one you are reading right now). Individual chapters in it linked directly to the interface to provide targeted help in some situations.
- Removed search for lyrics for multiple selected files. Instead: Support for manual search for lyrics at different search engines in the file properties dialog.
- Distinction between "private" and "public" skins removed. Skins are now searched only in the \Skins\ subfolder in the program directory.
- "Additional pause between tracks" overrides repeat mode "Stop after end of playlist".
- In the playlist editor for favorite playlists, access violations occurred when adding files if no playlist was created yet.
- The first playlist in the media library was regularly removed
- The byte-order-mark in UTF16 formatted ID3v2 tags was sometimes included in the output.
- Various bugs with the old artist-album lists sustainably eliminated by the new concept (and the completely rewritten code).
- Menu item "Online help"
- CSV export greatly extended. It is now possible to generate variable exports based on export templates in different formats, e.g. csv, html and json
- Deleting the media library caused a crash
- Sample rate was not displayed correctly for HiRes files (i.e. 96kHz)
- Tab order in detail window corrected
- In the detail window the hint text for the checkbox "Quick refresh" was set everywhere
- Possible access violation at startup fixed
- In CSV export the properties album artist, composer and BPM were missing
- With some monitor configurations, the preview in the taskbar did not work and caused error messages.